Monday, July 16, 2012

One of those days...

I have a confession to make... I did not work out yesterday :(  I had every opportunity to, I had every reason to.  I just didn't.  And I am upset with myself for it. 

Ever have one of those days where you wake up and for some reason you are just miserable?  And it seems that everyone that you come in contact with just makes you more miserable?  I was beginning to try to blame every person in Walmart for trying to tick me off when I realized, nope, it was me.  I was miserable, emotional, cranky... you name it.  Every great reason to get in a workout.  I know that.  But I didn't.  I have only been doing this whole exercise thing for a few months now and I must admit that occasionally the lazy Tracy sneaks back into my system.  I don't like her.  And usually, when she rears her ugly head, I punish her :) As I will today when I get out of work.  I usually have about an hour or so before I have to head to get the kids so I may run to the store, tan (yes, I know it is not good for me), whatever else may tickle my fancy for the day and then go home and workout to a video in the comfort of my air conditioning living room.  Today however, I have brought my workout clothes, and for that extra hour you will be able to find me at the track at the school running/walking the track and running the hills there.  It is supposed to be near 90 today and humid so it won't be pretty!! But it will be done.  And then I will go home and do my video.

It is my hope that the next time I wuss out of a workout, I will think twice about it, and simply hike up my big girl panties and get to it!!

On Saturday, I took the kids to the mall on a mission to get Madison's glasses, get some ideas for the kids school sneakers and find myself a bright neon pink tank top for my Dirty Girl Mud Run in September.  I had already purchased a neon yellow tank for it, but in the spirit of my Sweat Pink Ambassadorship, I knew I had to find a pink one.  With all the popularity of neon right now, you wouldn't think this would be a big deal.  Oh but it was, probably 10 stores later I finally found one!!  And it was the last small in the pile.  Happy girl! :)  And a great big thank you to my kids for helping on this mission.  They truly are the best.

After getting back home from our trip, the kids went to their dad's to stay for the rest of the weekend and I went home and did my Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 (week 1) workout and a couple of hours later I did my week 3 day 3 of the C25K program.  I felt very accomplished that day.  I do love that feeling.  And that is my goal for today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment