Thursday, July 19, 2012

Weigh In Wednesday...

Last night was weigh in (WI) night at Weight Watchers (WW). I was up slightly, but still well within range of my maintaining.  One of the hardest things I found in my weight loss journey was switching from losing to maintaining.  You work so hard to lose and you get to really love seeing that scale decrease and know that all your hard work is paying off.  Then once everything you are doing works so well that you hit your goal and stay there for a little while, you switch to maintenance.  You now have to train your brain to be happy to see the scale remain the same, maybe go down just a little bit, or even rise!!  There is no one in the world that can keep their weight the EXACT same all day, every day.  Fluctuations are a fact of life and completely normal.  That said, it doesn’t mean that I like seeing the scale rise, and even after months of maintaining, I am still working on training my brain to be ok with it.  It is definitely a transition.  Not one that is so hard that I am willing to throw everything away and gain a bunch of weight just so I can go back to losing mode J

 I have yet another confession to make, from the time I walked in the door from my meeting last night, I ate. And I ate. And I ate.  Like I had not eaten in weeks.  It happens to the most disciplined people.  The trick is to put it behind you, don’t let it get you down, but to use it to motivate you to be better.  No one is perfect.  And if you are trying to be perfect, you will fail.  A person’s goals should be to be better than they were the day before.  Or a week ago, or a year ago… There should be no comparisons to anyone else because as we all know, everyone is different.  What works for one person doesn’t necessarily work for another.   Be true to yourself and set your goals to make yourself better.

Yesterday was also a day where I was irritated with how my hair looked.  It hasn’t made me overly happy at all lately but yesterday was just one of those “oh come on!!” days.  So within a matter of a couple hours, I found a picture, stopped and talked to the hair stylist, and then went back and got my hair cut!!  I like it so much better.  It is not exactly like the picture but definitely close enough and better than it was.  I have been trying to grow it out long but it just wasn’t cooperating the way it was.  This may help.  Granted, now I have to re-grow several inches but hey, I am not going anywhere J



Before

After

                              

                                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment