Friday, July 13, 2012

Holy Snacking!

Wednesday was the night my Weight Watchers meeting moved to its new location.  Madison and I, along with my co-worker/friend went to help my leader get set up.  I took the zucchini tots that I made, there were also yummy mini cola cupcakes (only 1 pt each), some to die for oatmeal raisin bites (2 pts each), smoothies, pistachio bars, and free WW sample foods.  This is where my snacking began.  It didn't end until I went to bed. Ugh. I have discovered that I am great when I sit down with a MEAL.  I can think about the ice cream bar or snack that I am going to have later, and it doesn't bother me, but when I graze, holy moly look out!  Note to self... no more grazing!!  It wasn't pretty.  The joy of having a night like last night, is that you need to learn how to learn from it and understand and never let it get you down. It was not the end of my life, it was not the end of my healthy lifestyle, it was simply the end of that day.  Today is a new day all together.

Speaking of today, I had already planned on splurging on Chinese for lunch today (pre-snack binge), so I am going to still splurge.  I haven't had it in at least 6 months, and I would really like some.  Again, a lesson to be learned. Avoiding things you enjoy for the rest of your life is not a mentally healthy lifestyle.  I have planned for this day and I will be just fine.  Dinner will be extra light to counteract the chinese (and the sodium!!).

The prior two paragraphs were written before the following...note to self, when you are already having shooting stomach pains, spicy Chinese food is not the best choice.  Dinner was light as planned, it consisted of a Chobani Yogurt with a little granola mixed in. And that was only because I knew I had to have something. I was extremely sick and in pain last night but still did manage to fight my way through Week one of Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30.  It was the first time I had done it and I liked it a lot.  So far I am not a fan of the running man move but maybe it will grow on me : )

A sidenote from my first post, those jeans and clothes that used to want to cut me in half like David Copperfield, well they are too big now and in a bag to be given away. Not. Going. Back. EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment