Friday, July 20, 2012

Mean Mother Nature

I think Mother Nature was against me running last night. On my way home from picking up the kids, I was approximately 2 miles from home when… drop, drop, drop on my windshield. It had been cloudy all day but we had no rain. Until then. My intention was to run my Week 4, Day 1 of the C25K program as soon as I got home. I pouted a little bit, kept walking outside to see if I thought I could squeeze 30 minutes out but no, it wasn’t going to work.  It wasn’t raining hard, I am not afraid of getting rained on, but what I am afraid of, is getting my iPhone wet and ruined.  I waited a little while and then made the executive decision to go over to my landlords gym.  I used to go there quite often and for being created in a barn, it is really very nice.  If I couldn’t run outside, then I would use the treadmill.  This is the first time I have ever really run on a treadmill (sad, yes I know).  To be honest, I liked it.  I enjoyed being forced to be at a consistent speed (no slacking off for me!).  I did not burn as many calories as I do with my runs outside but it was still very respectable.  Outside has many more challenges with the hills, uneven terrain, and bugs, lots and lots of bugs.  I did love not having to swing my arms around like a lunatic to swat any away on the treadmill. 

Some people have asked me what I eat on a normal day, and some people have also made the comments to me that I don’t eat anything all day…so I am going to share with you what my day consisted of food-wise yesterday.

Morning:

Mug of fat free Nestle hot cocoa
Banana
Fage Greek Yogurt with cherry with ½ cup Cascadian Farms Organic Cinnamon Crunch cereal mixed in

Mid-Morning Snack:

Fiber One Chocolate Fudge Brownie

Lunch:

Tuna (made with onion, red pepper, light Miracle Whip) on a Flatout FoldIt bread- wheat with flax, topped with mixed baby lettuces and tomato slices
WW BBQ popped crisps
Baby Carrots with Bolthouse Ranch as a dip

Afternoon Snack:

WW Berrylicious bar
Banana

Dinner:

  Recipe made by me the other night : )
Bacon BBQ Turkey loaf (one and a half pieces)
Peas
Garden salad with Greek Feta Dressing

Evening Snack:

WW Dark Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream Bar


After all that eating, I was still left with 2 daily points on WW and also earned 3 activity points (AP) with my run.

So there you have it, I eat, I eat often, and I eat a lot.  Smaller consistent meals and snacks is one thing I believe helped me to lose the weight that I have.  I am never to the starving point and sometimes not even to the hungry point. I try extremely hard to be consistent with my eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment