Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Losing Motivation...

Once again, I have been seriously lacking in my posts again.  For some reason, my motivation for exercise seems to have gotten lost, or been taken hostage, or sucked into a black hole… I need to blame it on something!!  Ideas??  Here are my thoughts… the weather, work, kids, life… at any given point in the last, oh I don’t know, month, these have all gotten in my way.  Now I have a head cold. A dizzying, feel like my head will explode if I bend over head cold.  Yes, those are excuses.  No, I don’t like even saying them.  So I am.  Somebody yell at me!!!  I don’t want to use excuses.  I don’t want to sit on my booty.  I don’t want to lose everything that I worked so hard for all summer long. 
          Losing motivation is a vicious cycle.  I get tired and cranky from not working out, I don’t work out because I am tired and cranky.  I must force myself to get back into it to bring the cycle to an end. 
          Jacob and I are planning on starting the P90X program as SOON as my head can handle it.  I have also re-joined the fitness center at my kids school so that I can run on the treadmills and watch TV at the same time, instead of my shadow on the wall.  B.O.R.I.N.G.  I will get back to my kick a$$ motivation.

It has been so long since I posted I will try to remember things that happened in a shortened version…

I ran my second 5K.  I bettered my time to 27:47 and came in 3rd in my age group (again) and won my first ribbon and instead of a trophy, it came on a pumpkin.  Loved it! It was cold!!  And rainy!  And super muddy!  And a cross country course through apple orchards and woods and it was awesome!!
With my kids after the Brown's Berry Patch 5K


I am still maintaining my weight on Weight Watchers.  Have I mentioned I love Weight Watchers????  There.  I did.  I do.  It works for me.  I get to go to my son’s 8th grade tea and snack on hot cocoa, scones, finger sandwiches and mini cheesecakes with him and it is a memory that I will keep with me and didn’t have to avoid it because “I can’t eat that”.  I can go shopping with my husband and eat dinner out with a couple drinks.  You can eat anything within moderation and always adjust accordingly.  That being said, after being on WW for any amount of time, you will learn what is worth eating or splurging on and what is most definitely not.  You learn to eat healthy, to choose the best option in the given situation.  And that is something you can always use in your life.

Jacob and I at his 8th grade tea at school



No comments:

Post a Comment