Thursday, November 15, 2012

Free food and P90X...

I may have mentioned this before but, where I work, we get free lunches.  A lot of free lunches.  Not daily, but usually weekly and sometimes multiple times a week.  I used to order and eat each time, because let’s be realistic… FREE FOOD.  I am not rich, I am closer to poor most of the time so the concept of free was a huge bonus.  Things in my mind have changed.  I now see the free concept as free fat, free pounds, free cholesterol, free laziness… I think you get the point.  Now, not everywhere that we order from is horrible for you.  I will sometimes order from one place that has a delicious Greek Chicken Salad.  But, as a general rule, that is the only time I order.  There may be an occasional splurge but it is rare anymore.  I have learned and trained myself to know that free is just not worth it anymore.  I am worth more than that.  I consistently eat what I have brought for myself from home and when I am done, I am proud.  I am proud and happy that I have come so far.  It doesn’t bother me anymore to say no to the lunches.  And when I do eat them, I make smart decisions about them.  And that will stick with me.  Weight Watchers has taught me that.  I can still eat what I like, but you learn to recognize what is worth eating to you.  Some things are worth the splurge and the points, and some just are absolutely not.  But those decisions are completely up to me. You have to decide what is more important to you… your health or saving a little money.

P90X!!!!!  Jacob and I have started the P90X program this week.  We are doing the classic program and we started on Monday with Disc 1 Back and Shoulders.  It is now Thursday and my upper body still hurts!!! Last night was the 2nd disc of plyometrics and as the day goes on today, my lower body is starting to catch up with my upper body.  But you know what??? I love it!  I worked out, I worked hard, and my body is telling me that.  Considering my motivation has been wavering lately (to say the least), I am happy to be hurting again.  Working out with my son is completely awesome!!  We have a great time, we laugh, we push each other, we run into each other (small room!) and we hurt together.  It’s bonding.

Tonight the plan is the treadmill at the school fitness center providing my legs do not completely revolt.  And even if they do, I may still punish them.  I haven’t run in over a week due to illness and laziness so I NEED to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment